Hello friends! I’m so glad you are here on my blog. I hope that you can find encouragement here on your walk through life as a fellow mommy.
My name is Britta & I’ve loved to write ever since I was a little girl. Though I’m not the greatest at making up imaginative stories, I am very good at recording facts, opinions and ideas. The thought of having a place to keep a record of those random thoughts, opinions, & dreams of mine in one place sounded amazing… so I made a blog!
Besides being a mostly stay-at-home mom to my beautiful son Samuel, I do some cleaning on the side. I absolutely delight in cleaning, organizing & throwing stuff away. Weird, I know… but it’s just what I do best!
My favorite moments are usually found in the mid-morning – on a rainy, cloudy or snowy day in the fall or winter – with a hot cup of coffee in one hand and my well-loved Bible in the other. These also happen to be the moments when I get most of my best writing ideas.
Though these are my interests, I don’t feel like I can properly explain who I am in just a few paragraphs about the things that I enjoy, because there is just so much more to me. So if you care to know, here are some of the things that make me who I am.
- Jesus is my Lord & Savior. There is nothing in my life that I am more sure of or that means more to me than Jesus – when everything else fails, his goodness remains. His faithfulness has brought me through so much & is part of EVERY story that I have to share.
- I was a YWAM missionary for 2.5 years
- I’ve travelled all over the world (Grenada + Puerto Rico + Dominican Republic + Uganda + Tanzania + D.R. Congo + Turkey + Romania + Transylvania + Moldova)
- I was homeschooled for my entire life (and would love to homeschool my own kids someday)
- I grew up with 7 siblings, 5 of whom were younger and I helped raise. And yes, I loved having a big family!
- I am a musician. I play piano + guitar + vocal well… and flute/violin/drums mediocrely. I like to tell people that I probably wouldn’t be musical if my family wasn’t so into it. I’m a more logical person than I am artistic so I think I just picked up what was being thrown into my life. I love it, nevertheless!
- I have survived cancer. A Frantz tumor was found on my pancreas in fall of 2016 and removed in January of 2018 by the Whipple procedure. Because of this surgery I now have pre-diabetes, GERD, nausea, diarrhea, inefficient digestion, and trouble keeping on weight. This makes being a mama tough some days, but I have so much more compassion for others who have chronic illnesses and pain and are still doing so much in spite of it!
- My husband became a pastor. I always said I would never marry a pastor. And I didn’t. But then God called him to the ministry, despite never having gone to seminary or any Bible school for that matter. This has been a leap of faith for us, but SO good in SO many ways.
- And of course, I am a mama. My lifelong dream has always been to be a mother and wife. God blessed us with our precious Samuel about one week after my tumor was found. We let it sit until after he was born (which was a crazy story in and of itself) and when Samuel was 4 months old I had my surgery. I so badly want to have more children, but so far the timing has not been right, though we are stoked to have more when my body is all healed and ready.
I love that I am who I am independent of my family, but they make my life so full. So, let me introduce you to them real quickly.
My husband, Nathaniel, is the sweetest, godliest and most gracious man I have EVER met. I grew up with him and wouldn’t even be able to guess how many times I said “Oh, Nathaniel is the best guy I know.” And I truly thought it… to the point where I never considered myself worthy of him. Well, friends… God had other plans! He put us together in the most miraculous way and we’ve been happy together ever since. He is a farmer/contractor/landlord/pastor and does all of his jobs with everything that he’s got. I couldn’t be luckier to call him mine.
My son, Samuel, is 2 years old and the oddest little combination of personalities. He’s a loud, obnoxious goofball that never stops talking, but he also has some OCD and anxiety about life that always catches me off guard. He has so much energy and literally never stops moving. His interests revolve around anything with wheels.
Come along with me on my journey of life, motherhood, marriage & following Jesus!