I’ve never been much of a makeup person, even before becoming a mom! But along with the busyness of motherhood came the black circles, the greying skin, and not enough time to wash my hair.
There are so many things to be worried about as a mom of young kids and looking good should not be one of those things that brings you stress.
I’m here to share my 2 minute makeup routine for mamas who don’t have much time, money or energy to spend on their beauty. I hope you are able to utilize it or at least steal some ideas!
- Micellar Water – 30 seconds – $5-10. Micellar water can be found at any drugstore for about $5-8 a bottle. One bottle lasts a few months. You have to use it with cotton. Micellar water is a toner, cleanser and detoxifier all in one. I use it in the morning and in the evening and have noticed MUCH clearer and brighter skin! It is worth the money and the few seconds it takes to apply it. No rinsing needed! I use this in the morning first thing when I wake up, but you could also make it the first step in your makeup routine so you start on a clean palette.
- BB cream – 15 seconds – $5-10. I LOVE my BB cream. It’s a foundation, moisturizer. concealer and sunscreen all in one (have you noticed that I love these kinds of products?). There are so many different brands that make these, and there are also CC creams. They are well priced in all the brands I’ve tried and all of them work similarly. They are lightweight and blend into your skin, unlike classic foundation which just lays on top of your skin and doesn’t blend. I feel like a new woman as soon as I slather on my BB cream!
- Mascara – 20 seconds – $5-10. Of course, all of you know what mascara is and you probably own several different kinds. Mascara is one of the hardest products for me to find. I honestly have never found one that works perfectly for me and I adore, but currently I am using the classic one from Mary Kay because a good friend sells it.
- Chapstick – 5 seconds – $1-3. I know some ladies out there love their lipstick, and if you must I really recommend Lipsense for ease and longevity! I use that brand for no-smear, instant dry lip color. But most days I just use chapstick or lip balm to keep my lips healthy and smooth and a little shiny because chapped lips just aren’t cute.
- Dry Shampoo – 45 seconds – $3-8. If you have great and healthy hair, or are able to shower every night, good for you! That’s awesome! But most of us moms struggle with finding the time to keep ourselves looking good and fresh. Dry Shampoo is a lifesaver. When you are done spraying and brushing, either leave your hair down or pull it up into a messy bun or ponytail (depending how greasy your hair is!).
There’s nothing better than feeling like you’ve got yourself and your family put together. Being a mom is a full time gig, and with everything else that life throws at us, looking good can seem like one thing we should just throw under the bus.
But, if at all possible, do what you can do keep up with yourself! Having an easy and simple wardrobe can be a huge help as well. Check out my post about creating a minimalist wardrobe to get started on making your closet work for your lifestyle!